Friday, July 15, 2011

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Hey! I have a blog!



I know, right? The line to smack me forms to the left. Please be orderly and have your ticket ready.



So, I really don't even know where to start.



I got married. But most of you know that. Here we are looking all disgustingly in love and shit.




Just kidding. That's us with our attendants, Vodka and Jameson's. They've been such good friends to us over the years, it was important that they got to be part of the wedding.


I got a new job. It's pretty much like winning the job lottery. No, it IS winning the job lottery. The pay is great, the view is great, the work is great, the people are really great. If I didn't have to wear a grown-up costume to work everyday it would be the Best. Job. Ever. hands down. That's pretty much all I can tell you about it though because sometimes you see us on the news and there are Rules.


Um...what else? We went to Seattle in June for M's 16th birthday. Right? What the hell? She's working at summer camp now, which means that the next six months everything she tells me will begin with 'at camp'. I write her letters from the cat. One cat is a little tetched and the other is kind of a bitch and doesn't write letters so much as send a list of demands. No boring 'love mom' letters from this house. I mean really, she's gone for six weeks. And all I do is go to work. So it's not like they'd be a wealth of funny stories or anything...unless I ride the rail in.


Seriously. Do any of you commute on public transportation? Is there a law that states the minimum number of crazy people per train?


I was waiting for the train and a homeless person was digging through the trash. Not a big deal, there are frequently people collecting things to recycle. Not this guy. OH NOT EVEN A LITTLE. This charmer grabs the WHOLE FUCKING BAG and brings it on the train with him. A bag of trash. Trash that has sat in the 100+ sunshine cooking that old nasty chicken to an extra special level of stank.


The next day a different guy, not visibly homeless, took the time to sit down next to each passenger on the train one by one and assure us each "everything was going to be okay". Some people got addressed as "brother" or "sister". I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I just said "thanks" and was glad he moved on.


Riding the train makes people very short tempered. Not just me I mean. I'm always short tempered. It's part of my charm. Yes it is. Shut up.


You're the reason Mama doesn't blog anymore! And why can't have nice things!


4 little kittens say Meow:

Katharine H. said...

Glad you're back...missed ya!

Robin said...

You are so cute when you're in Love!!
Not that you weren't cute before... cuz you were... are.
But still.

It's a glow you have... OMG!! You're not Preggers????

Lin said...

I guess I'm not one of the cool kids cause I had no idea you got married. But, now that I do know, I gotta say you looked absolutely amazing! Congratulations to you & your new fella :)

Also, it's really cool that you're back.

Sheila said...

Hooray -- you are back!! I had pretty much given up. Girl, you look gorgeous on your wedding day. I've missed you --