Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just in Case

So, if I die, I loved you all.

I just wanted to say that, because that’s what my Twin and I say whenever we part company. Primarily, we say it because we share a twisted, morbid sense of humor; but also we say it because it drives her mom NUTS.

Why am I saying it now? GOOD QUESTION. I’ll tell you why, don’t y’all worry your collectively pretty little heads about it.

I’m telling you now because the Other Shoe Dropping Bus is probably about a half hour away and it’s bumper’s no doubt got my name on it.

After a not that fantastic weekend, I was not all that thrilled to be back at work. I hate month end. HATE IT. Also, I had all of my quarter end crap to finish and turn in and in the words of the Head Corporate Bitch (I) “don’t know nuthin’ ovah therah”. This is pretty much true. However, if they want me to know “something”, they’re going to have to pay me a LOT more. Until such time (and I do the books so I know it won’t be anytime soon) I will continue to know nothing.

All this added up to a case of the Mondays like I’ve not had in ages.

BUT THEN. Oh, yes, BUT THEN.

Today, my corporate minder (whom I will be leaving shoes to in my will) came over to double check my reports and guess what? THEY WERE ALL PERFECT.

PERFECT.

AND THEN!

I got the following text from my husband –

“House looks nice – also like what u did w/deck”

WHAT?

I had to double check the sender. Seriously. My husband? Noticing that I’d cleaned house? WTF? There are only two possible explanations for this and they are a) He’s having an affair and he feels guilty about it or b) I’m going to die any moment.

Since I’ve met my husband, I’m pretty sure it’s B.

So before I die, I want you to know that I love you.

And here is a picture of my ass to remember me by

2 little kittens say Meow:

Robin said...

Don't question it when "IT" all goes your way...just wallow in it!!

High Five and have another shot of Tequila!
Woo Hoo!!

Lorrie Veasey said...

Time for you to quit that job and make a full time livin' off this blog. Dooce has nothing on you and I hear tell she makes half a million. HALF A MILLION BABY. That can buy you a whole lotta housekeeper.