The other day I tweeted? Twittered? Tweetered? whatever, that I was eating crackers with peanut butter and dill pickles.
The ever hilarious Crabgrass commented back asking if I was knocked up.
The answer to which, is THANK GOD, No. Hell no. HELL TO THE HELL NO.
I just like weird food.
I blame my dad. When I was ten my mother went back to graduate school and that left my father in charge. It also left us pretty broke. Anyone who's been broke knows that you eat whatever is on sale and sometimes? That means that what you eat is kind of odd. Also, my dad is kind of odd, so that could have something to do with it.
Among the food combinations that I recall from my childhood are;
* chicken "lunch meat" with peanut butter
* tuna salad with peas/lima beans/corn mixed in
* peanut butter & dill pickle sandwiches
* breakfast sausage and white rice casserole (a favorite)
* corn on the cob with mayo
* pizza dipped in mayo (hmmm and I wonder why I have a big ass!)
* "Hobo casserole" (whatever noodles, meat and sauce you can find - usually hamburger, elbow noodles and spaghetti sauce)
* Spaghetti sauce omelette's
I could go on and on, but those are the ones that I can think of that I liked. I'm sure there were others that I hated and have thusly blocked from my memory. Like Meatloaf. ENDLESS DAYS AND NIGHTS OF MEATLOAF. With ketchup on top, which I hate. Although, that said, I do enjoy a meatloaf sandwich. Mmmmm meatloaf on white bread with mayo, glorious mayo.
So tell me, what was is something odd that you used to eat that just says home to you?