Monday, October 6, 2008

My Helicopter Crashed

Another red headed non helicoptering mom, Laura Bennett of one time Project Runway fame, has at last given me reason to revel in my lack of parenting!

IT'S A DISEASE.

SEE? TOLD you I wasn't just a lazy drunk. I'm sick!

I wonder if I can finally get that Social Security, Disability and Medicaide I've been paying for now?

Also, but *totally* unrelated, do you know if you can use food stamps to buy wine? Anyone?

3 little kittens say Meow:

Lorrie Veasey said...

I am actually friends with friends of Laura in real life. My friends, The Mios, are perfection. They are British and both have lovely skin; she an editor he an economist. They don't allow TV in the home and their Spawn are uber proficient at Their Maths and can quote from The Illiad. Mrs. Mio, who cooks something exotic with one hand while discussing Proust on the other, claims that Laura is S U P E R W O M A N. I tend to believe her. I am guessing she found her article to be "ironic".

What was that? Was that the sound of someoneone's bubble popping?

Bj in Dallas said...

I think the homeless guys in front of Safeway could answer your food stamps/wine purchase dilemma....

I liked the mom-checked-out story, but I am somewhere in between her and a helicopter...where is that exactly? Like knowing the different screams as to whether run fast or yell 'suck it up'-
what is BAD is that I have a high pain tolerance and a papercut could put her in intensive care in a drama coma......I believe that is really how she learned the word
'Jesus!' rather than church....

Miss Thystle said...

yes, yes, I know it's meant to be tongue in cheek. However, the gene is real. I recall reading about it on CNN.com some time ago.

I loved Laura since when on PR, and discovering she was unexpectedly pregnant with number six, she said 'I'll just throw it on the pile with the rest of 'em'!

THAT is taking parenting with the seriousness it requires!