Monday, January 26, 2009

But Do You Get Dental With That?

Honestly, I think I should take a break from blogging. My malaise is just too stultifying. But just when I think I'm going to pack it in, to leave y'all a love note to say I'll be gone for a while and to keep the home fires burning, I have a conversation like this;

Me: Did you write your career day paper?

M: Yeah

Me: Well what did you say you're going to be?

M: A Vampire Pirate Ninja

Me: Of course, silly me.

8 little kittens say Meow:

Lorrie Veasey said...

This is what happens as a result of Hillary not getting elected. Now young girls everywhere will think the only thing they can EVER be is Vampire Ninja Pirates.

OHN said...

OH THYSTLE! you are the reason all of us don't suffer malaise~~you simply cannot leave us standing in the blah aisle.

Baylee and Blair's page said...

HILARIOUS! And, SO HELP ME GOD if you ever stopped blogging I would come and hunt you down and rip your throat out so you HAVE to write everything down! :) You know... just sayin'! So, don't stop!

Hugs - Tiff

Unknown said...

LMAO...well Duh mom!!! Loved it!!! dont leave!!!!

Robin said...

My oldest...she was 13...the neurotic one...decided one day that she was jewish.
Yep jewish.
I'm not one to squash her dreams or spirituality, I brought her books on converting....or joining....it's not like we were ever really feelin' the faith around here.
She read everything I brought her. There isn't any synogogs either so she was pretty much on her with this.
One day her BFF gave her a cross...pretty little necklace that she wore every day.
for about a month.
She was so excited about Christmas coming up, she made out her list.
I finally had to ask her what was up. Didn't she absorb any of the info that I had given her. "Oh Mom, Now, I'm Catholic."
Once when she was a vegan....she walks in the kitchen. "Mom! When's supper?? I'm so hungry, I could eat 6 hamburgers!!"

They do grow up.

How I don't know...but they do.

Robin said...

And please don't leave with these people...they scare me.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to be a ballerina. But alas, I'm not sure ballerinas are supposed to be the shape of a butternut squash. Oh, and I don't dance. So I work in telecommunications.

Jane! said...

Sounds pretty recession-proof. I mean who wants to give up their Ninjas.